This barrier has been designed and tested to meet the evaluation criteria of MASH Test Level 3 for a longitudinal barrier. The Sentry Barrier and W Beam Guardrail System features the current state of the art performance criteria, exceeding the requirements of NCHRP 350 Test Level 3. MASH Test Level 3 compliant as a permanent Longitudinal Barrier system.
W Beam Guardrail System
The Sentry Barrier W Beam System – Longitudinal Barrier is AS3845: 2015 compliant and recommended for acceptance by the Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel.
ACP is one of Australia’s most trusted manufacturers of highway safety barriers.
Contact us for help with your next project. We have a proven record of supplying major projects.
- Lesser components, weight and footprint than conventional public domain guardrail systems
- Superior dynamic deflection results with added testing on a zero offset to the batter hinge
- Conventional ‘C’ shaped post but shorter, smaller and lighter then public domain versions
- No block out, stiffener or bracket between rail and post connection
- Large flexibility and tolerance in system height to accommodate easy transitioning
- Easily capable of transitioning into W-Beam, Thrie-Beam, Public domain and Proprietary terminals
- Crash tested and recommended for use with an X-Tensional End Terminal
- System Width: 201mm
- Height to top of rail: 800mm
- Height to top of post: 790mm
- Post Weight: 13.7kg
- Post Length: 1.64m
- Post Spacing: 2.00m
- MASH TL-3 (1100kg at 100km/h and 25°) Dynamic Deflection: 1.02m
- MASH TL-3 (2270kg at 100km/h and 25°) Dynamic Deflection: 1.59m
- Minimum length of barrier between terminals: 30m
- Max. slope behind barrier when setback 0mm to batter hinge: 3:1 Slope
Manuals & Guides
Standards and Approvals
- MASH Test Level 3 compliant as a permanent Longitudinal Barrier system
- AS3845: 2015 compliant AS/NZS 3845:2015 Compliant
- Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP) recommendation for acceptance
- Accepted for use across all Australian road traffic authority networks
- Approved connection to the Austroads public domain transition from strong-post W-Beam to rigid concrete barrier SBTA 21-005