The TL-4 ThrieBeam barrier has been designed and tested to meet the evaluation criteria of MASH Test Level 4 for a longitudinal barrier.
This is the current and highest performance testing criteria in line with AS/NZS 3845.1:2015, exceeding the requirements of NCHRP 350 Test Level 4.
MASH Test Level 4 compliant as a permanent Longitudinal TL-4 Barrier system.
For more information about the TL-4 ThrieBeam System contact ACP via phone or email.
- Less components, weight and footprint than public domain TL-4 Thrie Beam guardrail
- Proprietary washer and post slot allow for easy and fast installation with no special tools
- Superior dynamic deflection results that is more forgiving on vehicle impacts
- Conventional ‘C’ shaped post but shorter, smaller profile and lighter than public domain
- No block out, stiffener or bracket required between rail and post connection
- Large flexibility and tolerance in system height to accommodate easy transitioning
- System width: 200 mm
- Height to top of rail: 1050 mm
- Height to top of post: 1040 mm
- Post Weight: 20.5 kg
- Post Length: 2000 mm
- Post Spacing: 2.00 mm
- MASH TL-4.10 (1,100 kg Vehicle)
Dynamic deflection: 1.06 m
- MASH TL-4.11 (2,270 kg Vehicle)
Dynamic deflection: 1.45 m
- MASH TL-4.12 (10,000 kg Vehicle)
Dynamic deflection: 1.53 m
Manuals & Guides
Standards and Approvals
- MASH Test Level 4 compliant as a permanent Longitudinal TL-4 Barrier system
- AS/NZS 3845:2015 Compliant
- Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP) recommendation for acceptance
- Accepted for use across all Australian road traffic authorities
- Approved connection to the Austroads public domain transition from strong-post Thrie-Beam to rigid concrete barrier SBTA 21-005