ABSORB-M CRASH CUSHION (MASH TL-3 Tested)
The system is comprised of a Nose Plate, Elements, Pin Assemblies (Pins), a Midnose, a Transition, and mechanical anchors. The front Element is always empty with remaining Element(s) full of water. Each Element is pre-assembled with Tension Straps secured with bolts and a thread locking compound.
The Australian 80km/h (3-Element) designated system has a nominal 1067mm height, 610mm width and an effective length of 6.39m. The maximum length of the system, as measured from the Nose Plate to the end of the Transition Strap is approximately 7.22m. The 60km/h (2-Element) designated system has a nominal 1067mm height, 610mm width and an effective length of 4.46m. The maximum length of the system, as measured from the Nose Plate to the end of the Transition Strap is approximately 5.29m.
ABSORB-M™ is designed to accommodate a variety of portable safety shape, constant slope, and other shapes of barrier up to 1067mm height.
WHERE TO USE
To shield steel or concrete barrier in medians, side of road or gore areas in asphalt or on concrete roads. Typically installed as a temporary crash attenuator.
- Rapid deployment and retrieval
- No ground anchoring required
- Universal transition
- Narrow footprint
- Can be deployed on almost any road surface
- Can be repositioned while filled with water via integrated fork lift ports
- Shortest MASH TL-3 tested non-redirective, anchorless crash cushion. (Restricted to use in speed zones up to and including 70 km/h, in Australia)
- Durable long-life parts
- Approved for use in work zone locations
- Classification: Non-Redirective, Gating, Impact Attenuator (Temporary use)
- Length: 6.39 m
- Width: 670 mm
- Height: 1100 mm
- Test Level: MASH TL-3 (Restricted to use in speed zones up to and including 70 km/h, in Australia)
Standards and Approvals
- FHWA MASH TL-2 (70 km/h) & TL-3 (100 km/h) compliant
- AS/NZS 3845.1:2015 compliant
- Approved for recommendation by the Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP) for use in 70 km/h speed zone