The TAU-II™ Crash Cushion system is ideally suited for roadway hazards such as the ends of rigid barriers, tollbooths, utility poles and more.
Where it is preferred to have the majority of impact trajectories on the impact side of the system, such as narrow median and roadside applications, the TAU-II™ is the most effective, cost-efficient crash cushion system available.
The TAU-II Crash Cushion system acts as a shield at the ends of median barriers and other permanent fixtures. Absorbing and dissipating the kinetic energy of impacting vehicles, improving safety in event of a collision.
Provided in lengths to suit 50km/h – 100km/h impact speeds
- Approved to NCHRP 350 TL-1, 2 and 3
- Lowest life cycle cost cushion available
- Fully re-directive crash cushion
- Multiple foundation and transition options available
- Ease of installation
- Low maintenance, high reusability of system components
- Delivered assembled
- No debris build up due to open architecture
- Designed to stand alone or attach to a permanent or portable concrete barrier
- Steel elements are hot-dip galvanised
- Plastic components are formulated for long outdoor use
- Hazard widths: 1000mm – 2440mm max
- Three foundation options are available. The most common being a 28 Mpa non reinforced concrete slab, 200mm thick
- Transitions to: concrete, w – beam, thrie-beam
- Design speeds: 50km/h – 100km/h
- Ideally suited as permanent protection of roadway hazards from 1000mm to 2440mm in width
Standards and Approvals
The Universal TAU-II™ Crash Cushion System is designed, tested and approved to NCHRP 350, Test Level 3 testing conditions for hazard widths up to 2.6 metres and for capacities from TL-1 (50 km/h) to over TL-3 (100 km/h).