MASH COMPLIANT GUARDRAIL TL-3 END TERMINAL FEATURING SABERTOOTH™ TECHNOLOGY
The system utilises a tension-based design along with an energy-absorbing coupler that features an all-new cutting tooth design. When impacted head-on, deceleration is controlled by friction developed in the tension cables and by cutting the downstream guardrail panels. When a side impact occurs, tension cables can help safely redirect a motorist away from the hazard.
In addition, the MAX-Tension TL-3 terminal utilises standard guardrail components for significant savings in inventory and maintenance costs. Nuisance impacts during snow removal and maintenance operations can also be minimized due to the narrow design of the MAX-Tension Impact Head.
A mobile-friendly installer’s guide is also available. The Lindsay Guide App provides resources for teams installing or inspecting Lindsay Transportation products. Each product section contains video demonstrations of proper installation techniques, text supplements when video is unavailable, and final checklists.
The MAX-Tension Energy Absorbing Coupler is fitted with a patent-pending galvanized Sabertooth. When the system is impacted head-on, the Sabertooth is engineered to cut the downstream guardrail to aid in the deceleration of an errant vehicle.
- Tension-based cables control deceleration and increase re-directive performance.
- Sabertooth technology increases energy absorbing capacity and weakens the downstream guardrail rail to help reduce the severity of impacts.
- Lightweight impact head makes installation quick and easy for contractors.
- MASH Test 3-31 vehicle stopping distance is under 23 feet (7 metres).
- Available as a kit or full system, utilizes standard guardrail panels, posts and components after post 1.
- Classification: Redirective Gating
- System Length: 8.2 m / 27″
- Effective Length: 15.24 m / 50″
- System Width: 445 mm / 17.5″
- Impact Head Width: 140 mm / 5.5″
- Impact Head Weight: 18.1 kg / 40lb.
- Length of Need: 2.9 m / 9′ 5″ (from post 1)
- Test Level: MASH TL-3
Standards and Approvals
- MASH TL-3 (100 km/h) compliant
- AS/NZS 3845.1:2015 compliant
- Approved for recommendation by the Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP)