UNIVERSAL TAU-M MASH CRASH CUSHION
MASH TL-3 AND TL-2 TESTED.
The system is available for concrete and asphalt applications and can shield hazards with widths up to 30” (880 mm). Ease of installation, fast on-site repairs, and numerous transition options make the TAU-M system an ideal crash cushion to shield most roadside and median hazards. The TAU-M system is also available as an upgrade kit to retrofit existing NCHRP 350 TAU-II Systems into MASH TAU-M Systems.
WHERE TO USE
To shield concrete barrier in medians, side of road or gore areas in asphalt or on concrete roads. Can be installed as a permanent or temporary attenuator.
- Minimum number of anchors needed to secure the system
- Reduced length vs. NCHRP 350 TL-3 system
- Upgraded slider panels for increased durability
- Can be installed over bridge expansion joints
- Concrete and asphalt systems available
- Numerous non-proprietary transition options
- NCHRP 350 to MASH Retrofit kits available
- Classification: Redirective, Non-Gating, Partially Reusable (R-NG-PR) Impact Attenuator
- TL-3 Length: 6.93 m / 22’ 9”
- TL-2 Length: 4.33 m / 14’ 2”
- Width: 762 mm / 30”
- Height: 8030 mm / 32 5/8″
- Test Level: MASH TL 2 / 3″
Standards and Approvals
- MASH TL-2 (70 km/h) & TL-3 (100 km/h) compliant
- AS/NZS 3845.1:2015 compliant
- Approved for recommendation by the Austroads Safety Barrier Assessment Panel (ASBAP)