Client: Rio Tinto / Calibre Engenium (project managers)
Consulting Engineers: BG&E
Principal Contractor: NRW
Structural Plate Contractor: APE Erectors
Twin Super-Cor Arches with MSE Structural Walls, cobblestone face
- Twin Super-Cor SC74 Arches, 20m span, 10m rise, 25.2m length, with MSE Headwall
- Design Loading: Iron Ore train, 37.5 tonne axle loco / Design Life: 50 years
- A bridge replacement, due to the efforts of all project partners, was up and running six months from award of contract
- As an extra to the Wire Wall headwall, Calibre required a steel face to be put at the base of the wall for added protection against major impacts. We designed a sturdy fascia solution for both sides using Multi-Plate.
- According to Tony Douglass, Project Manager, at Calibre Engenium, we were awarded the project primarily due to our engineering and design ability, the professionalism of our team, and our local manufacturing expertise.