The system has been tested to the guidelines in NCHRP 350 for a non-gating, re-directive guardrail end treatment. When correctly installed and maintained, the system is capable of stopping, containing, or redirecting an errant vehicle in a safe manner under NCHRP 350 impact conditions.
The X-TENSION 350 Median Guardrail End Terminal is a fully re-directive, non-gating guardrail terminal end. The unique X-TENSION 350 Median technology is a tension based solution rather than compression based. It offers exceptional vehicle control and energy absorbing capabilities in head on impacts, where the energy is absorbed with resistance at the impact head rather than being transferred down the rail as occurs with other systems. Even head on, high angle (15° during testing) impacts on the nose resulted in the vehicle being redirected and controlled.
Available exclusively through ACP.
Utilising the X-Tension 350 Terminal End – Median; upon impact by an errant vehicle, the impact head travels downstream and the cables are forced through the locking pin to effectively absorb the kinetic energy of the impact and the vehicle is brought to a safe controlled stop.
- Redirective non gating guardrail end terminal
- Suitable for termination of standard w-beam
- Driveable steel posts
- System length 11.43m NLL
- The X-Tension 350 Terminal may be installed as a tangential terminal or may be offset to a maximum of 1200mm
- Its unique design means that the length of need is established at the beginning of the system
- Length of need cover at the beginning of the system
- Reusable components after an impact ensure simple repairs
- Interchangeable components with median terminal option reduces maintenance inventory
- Simple installation methodology
- NCHRP350 tested terminal provides less severe occupant impact severity
- Length: 11.43 m
- Height: 710 mm (Ground to Top of Rail)
- Height: 730 mm (Ground to Top of Posts)
- Max flare: 0-1200 mm
- Length of need: 600 mm downstream from Post #1
- Maximum deflection: 980 mm
- Impact resistance at impact head
Standards and Approvals
- NCHRP350 TL-3 (100 km/h) compliant
- AS3845 compliant
- Approved for use by all Australian State Road Authorities