The MELT is installed with the rails offset and supported on angle (shelf) brackets to minimize potential vehicle penetration. From the approach end of the Terminal, the MELT is designed to redirect an errant vehicle from the third post onwards.
- Flared bullnose end treatment to prevent guardrail spearing
- Propriatary steel breakaway posts and plastic blocks providing softer vehicle redirection
- Compliant with AS3845:1999
- Conventional flared gating terminal
- Substitutes timber posts with steel breakaway posts
- Steel Shear posts at #1 & #2
- Steel breakaway posts at #3 to #6
- Approved for use by relevant State Road Authorities
- Available exclusively through ACP
- Steel breakaway posts are compliant with NCHRP350
- Interchangable with X-350 terminal posts
- Posts may be driven into the ground
- Steel breakaway post system may be retrofitted to existing MELT installations for the NSW option
Standards and Approvals
- Approvals and specifications differ between States, check your local road authority accepted safety barrier products for further information.